The Conium Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Conium Review publishes innovative writing. We don't rely on quotas or preconceived notions of what's "publishable." We want your wildest settings and weirdest plots. We want fine-tuned prose and active characters. We want stories that take risks. But most importantly, we want your very best writing, whatever that entails.
2020 OPEN READING PERIODS:
- "Book & Chapbook Submissions" August 1st through September 1st (only considering work from Black authors during this period).
- “Print Edition Fiction Submissions” July 1st through August 1st (re-opened submission pool for Black writers; also open to other writers with a donation to support racial justice).
- “Print Edition Fiction Submissions” February 1st through May 1st.
- “Themed Submissions: (Re)new” May 15th to June 1st.
- “Online Flash Fiction Submissions” June 15th to July 15th.
- “Innovative Short Fiction Contest” May 1st through July 1st ($500 prize + publication)